Monday, November 19, 2007

Positive Thoughts...

A lot of stuff sucks right now so I'd like to dedicate this post to the power of positive thinking... Rhonda, this should be dedicated to you as you are my inspiration and I still have never finished "The Secret".

I really do believe that people's lives are affected by their thinking. In some way each of us are responsible for determining our own futures simply by how we view the world. It's all about our perspective. If you choose to think the world is out to get you, everything is unfair, or you live your life constantly afraid that you are getting screwed, then guess what...you predict your own destiny. We all know people like this and sometimes it does seem like all the world is out to get them. At the same time, you can sit back and pinpoint how their reactions to life's events predict their outcomes....

Then we know those people that have good lives. They always have good things to say, take life in stride, have a positive outlook on life's events, and think the world is a pretty good place. They find humor in adversity. They laugh instead of crying. They grow with each challenge they overcome. As the saying goes, when life gives them lemons they make lemonade...

These are the kind of people I like to surround myself with. I'm so lucky to have an amazing group of friends and family that have this perspective. There is no better gift that a loved one can give you than positive thoughts when yours have started heading south. My biggest gift has been to share my life with someone who repeatedly tells me that it's all about how you look at things...(no matter how annoying it can be at times).

So this post is in dedication to all of the people that have been so supportive and have shared kind and encouraging words with us. This road has not been an easy one. The past few days have been hard, and each day seems to get a little harder. But that's o.k., what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? My favorite saying is "This Too Shall Pass". Because it will. It always does.

So...When I get down and out over the next few days I will turn my thoughts in the positive direction.

Instead of: Holy cow, how can I get any more swollen...
I will say: Wow, how neat...it's like my legs are made of big pretty balloons and keep expanding! (Said with enthusiasm and vigor)

Instead of: How can I take any more leg pain...it feels like someone has beat me...
I will say: YEAH! I love my legs and am so glad they are letting me know they are there.

Instead of: I am so tired of lying in bed...AHHHH!
I will say: It's like I'm a princess! Everyone waits on me hand and foot and I don't have to lift a hand! I don't even have to get out of bed and I can wear pyjamas all day long.

Instead of: I am going to scream if I gain one more pound...It's getting too hard to move.
I will say: WooHoo! If this were a game show I sure would be winning. Let's see how high I can go!

In my opinion, positive thinking could change the world. I only need a few more days and I KNOW I can hang in there. This is a team effort and I will not let my team down. I'm pretty sure we're making it to 34 weeks. Call it a hunch, a feeling, a premonition...who knows. This would be amazing. I just need to put in a few more hours of meditation each day. Of course, at that point I will feel free to throw in the towel, cry and scream, and beg for Dr. Tabor to relieve me of these little parasites that have invaded my body!

6 comments:

Tripletblessed said...

One more day, one more day! I like your positive attidute, I love it when I call you and you sound so chipper! 34 weeks is totally doable I agree you are going to make it!

Anonymous said...

Way to manifest your destiny girl! Happy 33 weeks!

Lisa said...

Stefanie -
Kimberly was keeping me updated on your progress and then sent me your blog address last week! I've been checking in on you and your 3 babies regularly since then!!! So exciting! I can tell you life with my 3 is super busy and I know yours will be too, with 3 the same age! Wow, so amwazing! I'm sure it seems worlds away right now as you're one with your bed! Way to go giving those babies the most incredible start! Hang in there!
Lisa Johnson

Crazy May Days said...

I am so proud of you. It take such a strong person to see the light in hard times!

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you and the Rogers gang. I can't imagine all that you are going through, but I know you are a very strong person. I love you!
Joshua 1:9
Isaiah 41:10

Anonymous said...

Hang in Stef, you're doing great! I cannot imagine what you are feeling. We are so proud of you for taking it like a champ. Once these amazing little people get here, all this will seem like it happened ages ago. It's the miracle of being a mommy.

Kmberly M.