Monday, November 12, 2007

32 WEEKS!!!

Can you believe it? We made it...all of us. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but there really hasn't been much to report. Every test they have given me has been the same...nothing getting worse. I've felt more contractions, but at this point I just will because my uterus has stretched to epic proportions. They won't do anything to stop them anyway.


I'm definitely getting more uncomfortable. Harder to eat, A LOT more tired, etc. But that's o.k., not much longer. Plus, I would rather feel uncomfortable now than the babies have any complications when they decide to make their appearance...I'm sure that would be much harder. So, we wait. We will be taking each day as it comes.


So why was I so anxious for week 32 to get here? Week 31 was a big week for fetal lung development. Before last week the air sacs and branches in the babies' lungs were present but not functioning. Last week Dr. Tabor checked the babies twice to see if they were breathing in there and they were. So exciting. Now they are just getting bigger. If they were born this week they would be small, and they would be considered "feeders and growers". Chances are they wouldn't need that much help breathing. It's funny, the bigger they get the more I feel like I need help breathing!

Apparently their movements will get to an all-time high this week and their growth will slow down after this week. Dr. Tabor said he will be measuring the babies again this week-either that or weighing them when they come out! I'm really looking forward to seeing how much they've grown. I've had a bit of a problem gaining weight and eating as you can imagine...just no more room for food these days, so I hope they have continued their good weight-gain. That was one reason I was supposed to gain so much weight early-on. They sure do feel bigger and their movements are quite a bit stronger. As I'm sitting here writing, someone keeps repeatedly whacking at the computer which is resting on my big belly!

One of the boys has the hiccups A LOT. So much so that I feel a little bad for him. He's had them up to 4 times a day and they shake my whole belly so I know they have to be uncomfortable, right? The other boy has them occasionally-maybe once every 2 days or so, but the little girl NEVER has them....too squished? I hope not.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats for making it to 32 weeks!! Way to go Stef!
Love, Emily W

Tripletblessed said...

32 weels YAY! You are doing so great. 1 more week, 1 more week, 1 more week!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on one more goal!

And thank you so much for continuing to share your and Brian's journey...we have all enjoyed it so much