Monday, November 5, 2007

31 Weeks!

One more week down!


31 Weeks. Day 11 in the hospital. 7 days until week 32. Time may have actually slowed to a crawl. You know it's sad when I was disappointed about "falling back" because that meant an extra hour to endure! It wasn't that big of a deal, though, because I slept right through it. Someone magically came in and changed my clock in the middle of the night so I didn't even notice. Genius.


I had a good weekend with lots of visitors. I really appreciate everyone that stopped by to hang out for a little while. Mom and Dad, Rhonda, Allison, and Nana and Bob came by. Last week Mom, Rhonda, Mary Jo, and Grandmother came by as well. Today Mary, Kris, and Heather from work made the LONG haul to come see me. It was great to gossip and just hang out with the girls. Thanks so much for taking time to come see me and give me a much-needed break from the boredom! Also, thanks to everyone who has called to talk, it means so much to me to know ya'll are thinking about our family.

No big news to report, which is a GREAT thing! As of yesterday my liver enzymes had actually improved a little bit-yeah! I continue to have mild pre eclampsia, very inconsistent and high blood pressure, protein in my urine, and now am apparently developing a little fluid in my lungs...but I actually feel pretty good so I am not complaining. I was a little uncomfortable yesterday, I do have 3 babies in there after all, but it's just not that bad. I'm getting a cough which is annoying because my abdominal muscles are so stretched out they are practically non-existent. Ever tried to cough without using your abs...fairly difficult. BUT I'm still not ready to give up the fight! Those babies aren't ready yet and neither am I. I told Dr. Tabor this morning they needed AT LEAST one more week and he said we would be taking it day by day. The great news is that I have had absolutely no problems with contractions in several days.



So life is good in room 382! I thought I would leave ya'll with a list of the BEST things about being in the hospital on bed rest. It's not a bad life....


  • People send you flowers! I LOVE flowers...not going to lie. Thank you so much to Rhonda and Terry- Debbie, Eddie, Ross, and Rachel- and Keith for the beautiful arrangements you sent. They really make a difference! They are pretty to look at, they smell good, and the nurses come to visit me more to see them! I'm pretty lucky to get flowers just for lying around in bed, right? Have I mentioned how much I love flowers.
  • Adjustable, egg-crated, side-railed bed (aka my Cadillac bed). I didn't realize exactly how difficult maneuvering both in bed and off the couch had become until I got here. This bed is fantastic! The side rails help me turn and sit up. The egg crate keeps my butt from going numb as well as my hips and back from hurting. It does, however, leave funny imprints all over me...which slows down my daily stretch-mark hunting sessions. AND it adjusts. Not comfy in one position? You can change it with the simple push of a button... This is the sweet life.
  • Friendlier toilet. No more painful knee cracking! I can now get up off of the toilet without fear of permanent damage. AND...if I do happen to get stuck, help is just a push of a button away. I'm assuming they bring in a team of highly trained people to help you off...but hopefully I won't have to go there.
  • Excellent room service. While at home by myself during the day I would often get stuck on the couch thinking...."Man, I really wish I could have some _____, but it's just too hard to get up and get it." Problem solved. I have this magic little button that I push and then this magic little voice lights up my room and says "How can I help you". Wow, this must be what it's like to be rich. Ice, water, drinks, food, towels, you name it...it is just a button-push away. I also get fresh linens and my room cleaned daily. This is greatness.
  • Hospital food. That's right, I'm one of the bizarre people in the world that loves hospital food. It's pretty good here. I've had things like barbecued chicken, vegetable lasagna, turkey tetrazzini, great sandwiches, etc. Plus all the Shasta, saltines, juice, milk, and ice cream you could possibly need. AND the best snow cone ice ever, even better than Sonic.
  • My very own tub of Grandmother's spinach dip and Nana's chocolate pie. I left this for last because it is by far the best fringe benefit I have found so far. I am a princess. I get to sit around and eat yummy spinach dip and the very best chocolate pie EVER....I know all of you are jealous!

I also got to see the babies today. Dr. Tabor did a sono to check them out. They are so big and beautiful. They look even more cramped, but so am I. They will just have to deal with it, as will I. I can put up with it for as long as they will let me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet girl~

I too love hospital food...and plane food. It really is quite yummy. I attribute this to the fact that I really can't cook so maybe I have lower standards?

I love so so much that you still have your amazing sense of humor about you in such a nerve racking situation. You are such an amazing mommy-staying calm for your babies. 32 weeks is a nice time to meet your new family. Everyday you are in my prayers. I even thought about you in the shower today too- which sounds a little scary. It is where I do my best thinking though.

Sending happy thoughts your way. Is it okay to call your room phone or better to call the cell? Just let me know!

I miss you!!!

Granny Moose said...

Hi, Stefanie: I finally got to your blog--it's neat. Glad to hear you are still "all in one piece". Those little "pieces" are going to be so much fun. What is the chant now--5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days? You are doing great, so keep up the good work...laying around, pushing buttons, eating ice cream....
Love you, Moose
aka Julia Baker

Tripletblessed said...

Wohooo!!!!!!!!! You go girl I'm so impressed with how well you are handeling all this. Those babies are already so lucky to have such a great mom.

Misty~McMoms