Saturday, November 3, 2007

One day at a time.

I'm beginning to think the goal of being in the hospital is to give me a heart attack. Yesterday was crazy and scary and gave me a good dose of how quickly things can change. But...good news...no babies just yet!

They ran my labs again this morning and there had been no significant changes. My liver is still acting crazy, but no more crazy than yesterday. It looks like they will just continue to check it. If it stays the same then they won't take the babies right now.


Alright, this is a super embarrassing subject but I'm going to tackle it anyway. Apparently my urine is a major topic of interest and concern around here. One indicator of pre eclampsia, which is where your body begins to become toxic, is protein in your urine. They test this by having you collect your urine for 24 hours...and they like to let everyone in the entire hospital know by writing "24 hour urine collection" right outside your door. That's not embarrassing. The levels are higher than last weeks, but not at dangerous levels.

So that's where we are. In some kind of weird limbo. I could last several days like this or they could decide to do a c-section tomorrow. I'm serious, this is enough to drive someone crazy. I think the statistics at this point are that each day they spend in me that is 2 days less they will spend in the neonatal intensive care unit. And of course all I can do is lay here and rest...and collect my urine. Good times.

So let's all start a silent chant...9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days! That gets us to 32 weeks. I can live with 32 weeks. But until then it is just one day at a time. And each day seems to be slower than the next. Each day depends on how those tests come back. I have faith in my body. It has never failed me yet and I don't think it will now. It can hold strong for just a few more days, right?

4 comments:

Tripletblessed said...

9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days........... Saying many prayers for you and those little ones.

Misty~McMoms

Anonymous said...

So your pee is now famous! Bet you never expected that in your wildest dreams. Chanting for you!

Unknown said...

You have definitely been in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days......You can do it....We are all rooting for you guys...After you get to hold those bundles of joy the fact every knows your pee (and every other bodily function) will be a faded memory....9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days....