Thursday, November 15, 2007

Almost 12 Pounds of Baby...WHAT???

That's right... I should now be considered for superhero status. Dr. Tabor measured the babies yesterday morning. Drumroll please................. 3 lbs 11 oz; 3 lbs 12 oz; and 3 lbs 13 oz. They are so big! Almost 4 lbs a piece, and so close together. What a miracle... When we started on this journey I could never have imagined how it would feel to be here and now. It feels pretty good knowing they are healthy and doing so well. And, I'm starting to get ready for them to make their appearance. We're at 32 weeks and 4 days. Getting so close. Dr. Tabor still tells me that we're taking it day by day...seems like he's avoiding answering my questions of WHEN??? He gives me the impression that things could fall apart at any moment, but without telling me in so many words. We are all hanging in there, though.

It's getting harder, not going to lie. At least I made it to 32 weeks before I got so uncomfortable. Oh well, I just keep telling myself it's not much longer and it's so worth it. It's kind of like knowing you're on mile 20 of a marathon. So close, but the hardest part is yet to come! Sorry it's been a while since I've written. I'm taking it day by day as well. I just don't feel as well. Headache one day, stomach ache the next, sleep all day some days, etc. Also, thanks for all of the calls and well-wishes. It means so much to me to hear the encouraging words and messages. Sorry if I don't call you right back, sometimes I'm just too wiped out. Everyone has been so supportive of us and that support gives us peace of mind.

I can't say thanks to our families enough, who have given time, money, and effort to make this hospital stay as easy as it can be for both Brian and I. My Mom has been staying at our house keeping things running smoothly. Her BIG job has been working on the nursery (pics to come), but she's been a big support for Brian and I as well. She does our laundry, cooks for Brian when he's there, and runs errands for both of us. Brian's parents are keeping Kita, bringing us food, helping us with house stuff, and helping us run errands as well. Nana and Grandmother have also kept us well stocked in snacks, food, and necessities. Each and every person has made this so much easier. I can't believe that I've been in the hospital 3 weeks. It feels like our lives have just been suspended.

The biggest thanks of all goes to Brian. He has been running himself ragged between spending the night here with me EVERY night, driving home, and then driving to north Dallas to work. Then he gets up and does it all over again. He has sacrificed fishing and his deer season to stay with me every day. I don't know how he is pulling all of it off, but he hasn't complained at all. I look forward to seeing him every day when he walks through that door! I have to be here, I have no choice...but he chooses to be here with me every day to make it easier for me. It's nice to have a buddy to share my evenings with.



Oh the joys of pregnancy continue to abound! Now is the part where I get to whine...


Bed rest officially sucks. I'm REALLY tired of bed. The good thing is that I don't have many options as sitting, walking, and moving in any way have all become pretty darn difficult. So, I guess bed it is. Thank God for the egg crate. My hips and sides ache from lying on them, but that's nothing compared to my butt. I think it has flattened out. Pity. Also, I had to get a shot on Tuesday and it left a bruise the size of Montana with a lump the size of a golf ball underneath. That's really fun to lie on, right? Boy am I a weenie, huh? 3 weeks of bedrest and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Could you imagine if it had been longer? I'd REALLY be annoying. It's pretty easy to keep me in bed when it's so hard to get out!


Pitting edema. I no longer have ankles. They are a thing of the past. It's hideous. My feet and legs look my Grandma's did at 92. Good times. The eggcrate actually makes patterns on the backs of my legs and sometimes it takes an hour for it to disappear. GROSS. I also have big swollen man hands. Yes, man hands. Not to mention a grossly swollen neck and face. I am a shadow of my former self. Oh yes, and I now snore. I mean really snore. I wake myself up in the morning....

Can you say weight gain? I didn't gain any weight for the first 2 weeks of being here. During the past 5 days I've gained almost 10 pounds. All in water. All in my hands and feet, I'm sure. I'm like a human water balloon. Hopefully I won't pop, that would be really messy. I can no longer tell anyone how much I weigh. I believe it is called self-preservation. If I don't admit it then it isn't real!

So as I start week 4 of being here, I wonder what the next week will bring? Babies??? I wonder each and every day when I wake up if today is the day. Crazy, huh? They could come at any time and I am starting to be ready. I hope they come before my body REALLY turns on me!

5 comments:

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

Good morning nice to see u are still cooking those babies in there
oh the memeries rush back though i was not on any bed rest i remember the swelling of my legs the last few days before they were born i went to 34 weeks 6 days the longest hardest thing to do and i dont say 34 or 35 weeks because every hour counts every days counts to the next week that is untill they come
mine were 4.1 4.4 4.5 sounds like u are well on ur way to come good size babies eat what u can when u can every calorie is more for the babies and it will help
good luck
steph

Jeni said...

hey Girl!! I'm in town now and Mom and I plan to stop by to see you on Sunday afternoon. Probably around 3-4ish. (We have Thanksgiving supper at church.) Wouldn't it be cool if those babies were to be born on Thanksgiving? Although trying to do birthday parties AND Thanksgiving dinner at the same time for the next 18 years sounds a bit daunting. So maybe that wouldn't be so cool afterall. I just talked myself out of it. Can't wait to see you and cheer you on in person!

Tripletblessed said...

You are doing so great, you are my new hero! So what is the new chant? 1 more day, 1 more week? I know you are extremly uncomfortble but I so pormise you it is worth it.

Anonymous said...

Girl- I am so out of the loop that I just heard that you are in the hospital on bed rest. I think of you often even though things are so crazy here that I never get the time to write. I am pulling for you and your clan and can't wait to see that gaggle of baby faces when they make their appearance!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Team Rogers, You are doing great! You are in the home stretch now. Love you all!