Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home, Sweet Home...

So sorry for the lack of posting... Apparently a c-section with triplets is a rather violent procedure and I've been recovering. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and spent my first night home in almost a month. It was spectacular.

The babies are doing WONDERFUL! I'll give a full update soon, but here's the quick version. All of the babies are on room air and are breathing great on their own. They are all working on temperature regulation so are still in isolettes, but there is talk of moving both Lily and Jack to an open crib soon. They have lost a little weight since delivery, but that is to be expected. All are really working on feeding and growing. They have had tubes in either their mouths or noses that go down to their stomachs to give them feeds. The suck-swallow-breathe reflex doesn't fully develop until about 34 weeks so they hadn't been given any bottle feeds until TODAY! I fed Lily a bottle this morning and she ate 17 out of 20 milliliters and Jack ate all 15 milliliters this afternoon. Ben hasn't been given a bottle yet, but we are hoping soon. Lily is still ahead of the game. Both Jack and Ben have had Jaundice issues and have been stuck in the "tanning bed" a couple of times.

The Neonatologist that is working with our little guys feels they will be home in 2 or 3 weeks, which is very exciting news.

Here is a link to some pictures...I've had a lot of requests!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BZtmjNuxcsXFg

4 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

those are the most wonderful pictures! I love all the hats!!! I am so happy that you are home! I think the best thing for me after delivering was that first shower. I think I just stood under the water for like 30 minutes. Keep the pictures coming!

Leslie said...

What precious miracles. They are beautiful. I've heard all about you from Emily W. You are doing such an amazing job. Our twins were in the NICU for 3 weeks. We are so thankful for that time although we didn't appreciate it until many months later. Best of luck to your family!

Anonymous said...

OMG THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! we are so happy to hear all the good news. cover each & every one of thoses precious babies with kisses, you guys did so great - love you all Joe & Shannon

Tripletblessed said...

They are beautiful! Your pictures bring back such memories. Glad you are at home and recovering hope you have those sweet babies home soon.