Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fantastic Weekend!

We had a great family day this past Saturday. I know I've said this time and time again, but our little guys are just so pleasant. I realize they could turn into tiny monsters any time, but until then I am touting their amazing ability to just go with the flow.

Our group of girlfriends have been trying to meet twice per month. Once for dinner and once for a family party or outing. I've been so lucky to be a part of a wonderful group of girls...um, I guess we're women now.

Anyhow, this months outing was a morning at the zoo. With so many friends around we were even able to let the boys out to run around a bit. Each time we go to the zoo they are more and more excited. Lily even barked at a Bongo.



After loading three tired tots up we decided to skip eating out for lunch. I got to feed a sandwich, 2 fruit bars, and a banana to them on the way home. It's amazing I didn't get car sick this time.

We got home and they took a 3 hour nap. It was heaven.Since we were SO well rested we headed out for a family dinner at a nearby restaurant. Everything was easy sailing until we headed out and realized we had a flat tire. I spent the next 30 minutes entertaining babies while Brian was laboring away in the parking lot. Thank goodness straws are so fascinating....

We had a blast this past weekend. We went to the Zoo with several of our friends and their families. I definitely should have worn shorts, however. We let the boys out to run around a little and I was sweating by the time we got back to the car!


I was so lucky to be able to host a baby shower for a good friend of ours that lives in Maryland Sunday afternoon. We are expanding our group by another baby girl! Thanks so much Kayleen for making the trip down to TX so we could celebrate with you! We love you!

1 comment:

Aunt Dorothy said...

Just got caught up on your blogs. Loved them all. You are so brave. The children are just beautiful. Looks like you and Brian are doing a wonderful job.