Monday, April 27, 2009

New Friends

We've been on several play dates lately. Some with old friends and some with new. Thought I"d share a few pics of our new friends.

Our first big outing was the New Member play date of a local Mom's League that I joined. Yep, I joined a big group of a lot of people that I don't know. I joined mainly because they have weekly playgroups, but I also felt that surely these local women could give me the scoop on what to do around here. Oh yeah, and hopefully I would make a few friends as well. I was extremely nervous, mainly because I was taking three toddlers to a park by myself.

I'd love to tell you that it was a fantastic time and I found all of my new best friends. It was o.k. I barely spoke to anyone b/c I was chasing the kiddos around. I did, however, find out that the boys LOVED the sandbox and Lily HATED it. Oh well, at least I could keep them somewhat corralled there. Mainly it was stressful, but I'm glad I went. I am making an effort. I am not giving up on them yet.

At first glance it would seem that the boys had made some new friends below. The boy in the green was actually taunting Jack with a really cool truck. He kept waving it in front of Jack's smiling happy face and telling him he couldn't touch it...all while Ben was inspecting his shoe. I'm not sure this is the type of friendship I was hoping for?


BUT.... Our next play dates have been amazing and wonderful. I didn't realize how happy it would make me to see my children make friends, especially when those friends are such great children...which of course they would be b/c they have great parents!

We met up with two of my friends whom I used to work with. Here's Gabe and Ben checking each other out.

Lily is just fascinated by BIG girls and was so happy to have fun with Molly.


Here's the whole crew. Kind of strange to think I brought half of the kids, huh? Lily liked Gabe so much she repeatedly stole his pacifier out of his mouth. I hope I don't have a bully on my hands!


Last Thursday my trio got to meet another trio. I have been lucky to find another triplet Mom who is helping me figure out how to do all of this. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who's been through all of this and survived. I'm finding with this new stage I'm having more and more questions. There's so many things I want to do and sometimes the only barrier is figuring out a way to do it by myself. I have also joined a local Mom's of Multiples group.

Here's having fun at Northeast Mall!

Here's Bennie checking out the ladies at lunch!

We've had a blast and are looking forward to lots of new experiences. I've especially enjoyed getting to hang out with my friends again!

1 comment:

Crazy May Days said...

We loved it too!!! I need to send pictures and we have to try the arboretum once the petting zoo is back next week for a whole month!