Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dr. Day

I'm going to have to have a serious conversation with Dr. Tabor. He's making my Dr. Day blogs rather boring. I have nothing to report except that things are progressing well. The babies' heart rates all look good as do their fluid. My blood pressure was a stellar 120/78. He's no longer checking my cervix unless I begin having symptoms like bleeding, etc. We're past the critical point and he wouldn't do anything anyway, which means NO CERCLAGE! That was a relief. This a surgery to basically sew the cervix shut and that never sounded great to me. It actually sounded pretty creepy. He said my cervix is probably shrinking, but it's going to at this point. Great...I tried to explain to him that I look forward to checking out my cervix every week. That we've become great friends and I will just miss it too much if I can't visit with it. He said I need to relax, that we're going to 36 weeks, and that I'm doing awesome.

Relaxing is not something I do very well. How ironic is it that God has brought me to a place where that is all I am supposed to do 24 hours a day! Relax. Take it easy. I think I am in week 9 of being off of work and week 3 of "really taking it easy." It's so much harder than you think it should be. I am goal oriented. I need to accomplish projects and get things done to make myself feel good. I come from parents who are chronic over-workers. (Can I blame them for my inability to relax?) So, it's all been hitting me in the past week or so, but I am dealing with it. My first instinct is always to freak out and be whiny, but I think I'm beginning to come to grips with it. Just think, only 7 weeks left at the most. I have a goal, right? At least this isn't going to go on forever!

I did order a pregnancy meditation CD today. Surely this will help me focus my energies elsewhere. It's funny, I say I'm bored and I sit around and obsess about being bored! I've also ordered a few books to keep me busy. They are all about taking care of newborns. So I've given myself a few bedside activities. I'm already looking forward to Friday because Brian will be home from work all weekend!

I've been having good and bad days, but mostly good. Yesterday the kiddos had gotten themselves in a funny position and I was pretty uncomfortable-and whiny. Today has been a great day. I'm feeling really good, certainly not pregnant with triplets. The more I lay down the fewer contractions I have, which is certainly a motivator. The babies are moving around and their movements are getting stronger. They provide excellent entertainment! I guess the most important thing that I think EVERY day is that I have never gotten so uncomfortable (or bored) that I want this to end. I have, however, gotten so uncomfortable that I have sworn off ever being pregnant again! I love my babies and love having them inside. I know they're safe and just where they need to be to grow and develop. So begins week 29!!!

1 comment:

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

Dr tabor was also my doc...
sounds like things are going really gooooood. keep up the good work and cooking those babies
stephanie