Monday, October 22, 2007

All dressed up...

So I tried to sneak out of the house on Saturday night. Don't worry, I had permission. I just wanted a few hours out of the house that didn't include a trip to the Dr., WalMart, Target, or Market Street (the only places I have been in WEEKS). Needless to say my social life is definitely suffering. Not a lot of party invites coming my way... Not that I actually fit into a lot of party clothes!

My friend Emily from work is getting married and she had a couples shower on Saturday at a friend's house near ours. Perfect, right? Not too far away, comfortable environment, no stress, and we can leave whenever we want. I had been looking forward to going for several weeks and hoping that everything would work out where I could. I would get to see a lot of friends that I have worked with for several years and enjoy some much needed non-solitary time. Brian even rushed home from the deer lease to take me (such a good hubby!). Emily has been a good friend to me and I wanted to celebrate this exciting event with her! She has been so supportive during my pregnancy and it would be good to actually see her instead of talk on the phone or e-mail. She will be the one taking the babies' first professional photos as well, check out her website... http://gigglesandgrins.smugmug.com

I took it easy all day Friday and Saturday. I mean REALLY easy, pretty much in bed both days. I swear I did everything I could. Drank my water, relaxed, ate my protein, slept, did my meditation CD, etc. You get the point... I took a shower, got ready, and was even ready EARLY to leave...by the way, that never happens. I felt really good, and if possible, even a little pretty (and of course puffy) in my very large maternity outfit!

Apparently I didn't clear this plan with my uterus. Or maybe, it was just as excited as I was to see old friends? Who knows? One thing I'm beginning to figure out is that sometimes there is no rhyme or reason as to what the heck it does. Anyway, I started having contractions...again, not labor contractions or anything, but still contractions. Even though I've been told that unless they are increasing in frequency and strength I shouldn't obsess about them, they completely freak me out and I want them to STOP immediately. The only thing I can do about them (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't) is to stop and lay down and relax. So that's what I had to do. Instead of go to the party.

So Brian and I took it easy the rest of the night. He takes excellent care of his entire crew...the one that is here, the ones that are on the way, and the fuzzy one. We relaxed, he picked up dinner, and we watched a movie. Overall, a pretty good evening with my two very favorite people...Brian and Kita! It is easy to get down when you get disappointed, but life is all about the perspective you take. I was sad, but I still had a wonderful evening. Besides, nothing in the whole world is more important than taking care of my babies! I just think how lucky I am that an evening spent at home can be so great, even when you are just doing the same things you do every night. It's all about the people you are fortunate enough to spend your life with, and in that department I am more than blessed.

1 comment:

Carole said...

We missed you stef! But I'm really glad you stayed home and relaxed:)