Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back from the dead?

Well, I'm a little roughed up but I'm hanging tough. Sort of. Thanks for every one's prayers and good thoughts. We made it through a tough and scary weekend. I am still alive to talk about it!

I got a little sick Saturday night and began having pretty massive contractions. I was put on Magnesium Sulfate (aka drug from Hell), for 24 hours. I had some issues with the drug levels being too high in my blood, which didn't help the situation any. It might have been the hardest and longest 24 hours of my life. But...we made it through. All of us. I'm keeping these kids in here as long as I can and they sure as heck better be worth it. I'm talking multi-millionaires, Nobel prize winners, or something. We made it. It was pretty scary, though. I would really prefer not to do that EVER again! It took 24 full hours to get them under control, but they managed to do it.

Words cannot express how glad I am that is over and how much better I am beginning to feel. I do, however, feel like someone rolled me down 3 flights of concrete stairs. I'm really weak, sore, and tired. I feel quite a bit better today and I expect that each day will bring more strength. I so appreciate all of the support and strength my family and friends have given us and can feel all of ya'll pulling for us! Thanks for all of the calls and well-wishes, Brian passed each one on to me.

There are a couple of good things to report. First, no pre-eclampsia. I got the results late Saturday night and that was great news. Second, I really haven't had very many contractions since then so hopefully they are under control. I'm actually having WAY fewer then when I was at home. Unfortunately, all of the contractions I did have changed my cervix a little. But, for now everything is status quo. I'm back on the contraction/blood pressure med and starting to get used to the way that it makes me feel. I also had a good nights sleep last night for the first time. I've been fairly uncomfortable, but even most of those issues are resolving, as they have done in the past.

Unfortunately, I may have bought myself a nice hospital stay until the babies arrive. We'll see. In all honesty I have been scared to ask Dr. Tabor. It is the one question I have completely avoided. I'm afraid of the answer. More than anything I just want to get everything regulated and under control...then maybe I'll get up the guts to ask. I will do whatever he wants, though. Hey-what's a few weeks anyway? They really do take great care of me and I feel so safe here. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had been at home when the events of Saturday night began to unfold. I really credit Dr. Tabor for getting me in here when he did because I think that kept the babies from coming on Sunday. So, I defer to the experts and will do as I'm told.

Again-thanks for every one's positive thoughts they really keep me going. Time has definitely slowed down and I feel bad for complaining about being bored earlier! Anyway...now ya'll get to hear about my crazy hospital life! I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into around here just to keep ya'll interested...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stef! Hang in there! We're praying for all 5 of you!