Friday, August 8, 2008

What? Sippy Cups already???

Well, around here it's all about feeding, feeding, and more feeding. Bottle feeds four times per day and spoon feeding 3 times. The babies are eating a pretty good variety of foods. Veggies: zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, sweet potatoe, asparagus, broccoli, and green beans. Fruits: avadado, banana, mango, nectarines, peaches, apricots, apples, and pears. Yogurt is the FAVORITE! Here's Lily after eating the whole bowl>...




They will be 9 months in less than two weeks. We have started the little Gerber puffs and they seem to like them. Lots of changes will be happening in the next month or so. One, the sippy cup, has happened much sooner than I expected. Bennie...the easy one? He hasn't been so easy lately. I'm assuming his teeth are bothering him. He has become deathly afraid of his bottle. It's the weirdest thing ever. He wants it, he cries for it, he reaches for it...but when it comes near his face he whacks it away. So, the nurses recommendation was to try a sippy cup. So, we did. Bennie and Jack are great at them. It was ridiculously easy. I was so prepared for a much harder transition. I'll take some time right now to thank my lucky stars... It's a little too much for Lily right now, but 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Here's Jack showing off his skills!



Here's Bennie crawling over to Jack, crying, trying to steal his sippy cup.



Here's Jack practicing good manners and wiping his face off...sort of.
We're also done with crib bumpers. Jack had a poop party one night by taking his diaper off and doing some fine finger painting all over his bumper pad. We've also found them with their faces mushed up against them quite a bit. They were also starting to find the strings and untie them...so off they went!

Bennie's crawling everywhere. He's getting really fast and into everything. Lily and Jack are still trying to figure it out.

All in all, the babies are doing great.
Happy as little clams!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Believe or not I've heard that poop story from another friend before. We still have Hunter's bumpers on, I guess we're lucky!

Crazy May Days said...

Okay... so I HAD to post because this is AMAZING. I opened your blog with Molly in my lap and she out of no where started saying, "Hi Ben." And then she actually pointed him out of the three. I had to really think where she was that she only saw ben and I remembered it was Heather's shower. I think our little Molly girl might have a crush...and digs the younger crowd. Gabe's friends might have another thing comin'