Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've been tagged.

Six rather unspectacular facts about myself.





1. I have a serious addiction to small pieces of candy. Namely, tic tacs. I go through 2, sometimes 3 packs per day. For reals. Imagining a day without them makes me a little sweaty. When I was pregnant I ate Smarties constantly. Like pounds of them. Oh yes, and the tic tac people lie. They are actually 1.9 calories, not 1 calorie like they advertise. When I got serious about losing the pregnancy weight, I stopped the tic tacs, and immediately lost 5 lbs...within days.





2. I have strange eating habits. If left to my own devices I would eat the exact same food for weeks...maybe months on end. I get on a kick of say, quesadillas...or salads...or frozen grapes...or baked potatoes...or kettle corn...and I eat that food until I am sick of it. Sometimes I eat the same thing for dinner for 3 months straight. Even I understand this is strange. I also don't eat unless I'm hungry (most of the time). This drives Brian crazy b/c I'm never hungry at night when he wants to make dinner. Food just doesn't taste good to me unless I really want it. I also do not ever heat up leftovers. I always eat them cold no matter what it is. If it isn't good cold, I don't eat it. I especially like cold meats.



3. When I need something, whether it be a tank top...a book...a belt...a purse...whatever. I am compelled to go out and buy multiples of that item. For instance, last summer I needed tank tops for our trip to Mexico. I swear I bought 8. Some of them I have not even worn. It is a compulsivity I cannot overcome. I have tried. I have been in a store staring at a number of a certain item...sweating...not able to choose. So, I buy them all, with the promise to myself to return them, but never do. It's maddening. I just bought three books on infant activities. I narrowed it down from nine. I am extremely proud of myself. I mean, really, how many different activities can infants actually do?



4. I am bizarrely good at pitching games. Pitching washers, pitching horseshoes, pitching into a bucket. Whatever it may be. You want me on your team.



5. There was a time in my life I was scared of bank drive-thrus. This is really weird, I admit. I am over it now...so I can tell you. I refused to use the outside lanes at the bank. The specific time frame was high school, college...and grad school. I would ALWAYS go inside to the teller. I was afraid of those canister vacuum things. If I was in a hurry and it was a situation, I would go to the lane where there was a real person. If it was too long...I would go inside...and NEVER use the scary sucky thing.



6. Besides the last one, which I am over now. I am REALLY only afraid of two things. Heights and closed-in spaces. I do admit that these are large categories, which cover everything from zip-lines, roller-coasters, snorkeling, sky-diving, small planes, scary bridges, isolation chambers, and storm cellars. My husband has recently said that I am no fun because I don't like to do lots of new, different, and fun things. I think this statement is a gross exaggeration of my situation and the more I have thought of it the more I believe it is untrue of the actual circumstances. I believe he also called me a scaredy cat. Again, untrue. Given my rathers, I do not choose to go white water rafting. I do not choose to water ski. I do not choose to plummet down the side of a mountain with my elbows tucked in a small inter tube wearing a helmet going down the longest cement slide I have ever seen. I just prefer to do safer things. Free time is a rare commodity around here and I don't want to fill it up with things that could potentially endanger my life, render me incapacitated, or maim me for life. I have three children now and I feel that would be irresponsible. I also do not like to do anything that I could potentially look stupid doing. Besides, you know you people need someone to hold your purses and coats when you ride all of the rides at six flags. I am that guy.

Now is the time that I pass on the evil that my friend Julie passed to me. By the way, I am the person who hates chain e-mails and I feel this is a version of that. But, I like Julie, and what else do I have to do but sit around and think of all of the ways that I am a little different from the next guy.

I pass the torch to:
Emily
Heather
Carole
Jeni

I'm only passing in onto four people because that is all of the ill-will I can afford for one day. Good night.

By the way, today was a MUCH better day. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for you!

7 comments:

Carole said...

Hey weirdo,
I can't believe you've had almost 17000 hits. That's out of control. I thought I was popular, but i don't even come close to that.

BTW, I love your new template - can't remember if i told you that or not.

Heather Anderson said...

LOVE the new template. After Avery arrives, I think I need to purchase a fancier one. Too cute!

Thanks for tagging me nerd :)

Jeni said...

Great. Now I have to actually discover my inner self and come up with ways I am weird.. uh... unique. Years of therapy ruined just like that. =)

Emily said...

OK, I did it...thanks for tagging me. I was so happy that I had never been tagged before, but for you - I'll do anything :)

pyjammy pam said...

oooh oooh oooh! i am ADDICTED to smarties! smarties are heaven! i love smarties! dang, now i'm craving smarties. you HAD to bring them up, huh?

also, am the same way about food. i have made chili about eighty times in the past two months and i still love it. hmm.

Anonymous said...

Your new template is very good. I have really enjoyed all of the pictures. Your dialog about you and your family is both funny and inspiring.

Unknown said...

Hi Steffie, I am friends with Caroline Goldman and she recommended that I contact you! I am pregnant with triplets and she thought you might be a good resource for me. I would love to hear from you! Julie Leclercq- leclercq.julie@gmail.com