Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We're Home! A Recap of Chairman's Club 2008...

I had a fantastic time. I did miss the little munchkins A LOT at times, but I am so glad I went. Brian and I definitely needed some time together that didn't involve feeding, diapers, or spit up. A HUGE thank you to Nonnie, Poppie, MawMaw, and PawPaw for taking EXCELLENT care of the babies. We are so lucky to have such great grandparents that were not only excited to take care of them but excited for us that we had the opportunity to take a vacation. They followed my 7-page instructions perfectly and the babies were not broken I am happy to report. I wasn't really worried, I just like to tease them a bit.

So, here's a quick overview of our trip. It was more than I ever expected! Charles Schwab footed the bill for a first-class shindig. I expected it to be nice, but this was beyond nice. The events scheduled were fun and each night we had gifts waiting in our room. The little details really made this trip unforgettable.

We arrived Friday afternoon and settled in. Friday night we partied on the beach to Reggae singers and traditional Jamaican fair.


Saturday morning we had breakfast on the East Lawn and Brian had meetings in the morning. I got up for breakfast...then went back to bed until noon. It was FANTASTIC. We then hung out on the beach for the rest of the day. (And yes, I wore my bikini proudly...with a size bigger bottoms.)
We came back...cleaned up...and headed to the Ballroom for the awards ceremony. Dinner was great, my favorite...surf and turf. Followed by a private concert by JOHN LEGEND! He was amazing. You can't tell but the picture below is me with him in the background.


Of course...after we took this pic I was handed a surprise backstage pass to actually meet him. It was so nice of the couple next to us to share it with me.
Below is a pic of Brian and I at the reception afterward. I was pleading with him to hit the dance floor. No go.

The third night was a free night so Brian's regional boss took a few of us to dinner at SeaGrapes in the Half Moon Hotel.
We hitched a ride on a catamaran and went snorkeling then had lunch on the beach.




Brian participated in a diving contest off of the boat...he performed the only watermelon...

The final night was amazing. We had a farewell party at Rose Hall which was a local haunted mansion.There were tours of the house, dinner, drinks, and a stage for entertainment.

Oh yeah...they also had palm, tarot card, and tea leaf readers. We opted for the palm/tarot card reader named Jana. She had some interesting info for us. Apparently on top of the triplets we already have there are....TWINS....in our future, if we aren't careful. Oh dear.


The evening ended with a stellar fireworks display... A perfect end to the perfect trip.



We had a blast...but I was so ready to get home. After a long..LONG day of travelling we arrived home at 9:30 on Tuesday night. I crept into their rooms, gently woke them up, and gave them all big hugs and kisses. They looked at me with sweet sleepy eyes...and just looked confused. Not really happy...just a little confused...and really sleepy. Not quite the homecoming I expected. No big grins, smiles, or looks of joy. Just really, really, really sleepy. Oh well. I'm happy they weren't sad while I was gone...but they could have looked a little more excited about seeing me, right?

7 comments:

Jeni said...

You have officially been cut off from all forms of griping about the few pounds you have left. You look AMAZING. I swear, I don't look that good and it's been nearly three years since I had my last one! Way to go, girl! Glad you had fun! You have definitely earned it. I'll call ya so we can catch up.

Heather Anderson said...

You are no longer alllowed to gripe about your body with the triplets because MAN YOU LOOK GREAT! I am jealous, I don't think I ever looked that tiny. How fun! I am glad you guys had a blast together.

Emily said...

It was so great to see you on Saturday & I'm already looking forward to our play date. I loved seeing pictures of your trip - it looks like you guys had a great time!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! i have to admit though, i am so jealous...

Tripletblessed said...

OMG girl you look amazing!!!!

Allison said...

OK I am so jealous you get to wear a bikini! I won't be wearing a bikini ever again unless I get a tummy tuck! Y'all look so great, I bet it was a lot of fun.

Jessica said...

I cannot believe how wonderful you look!! :) Congrats to you for being so in shape post triplets to be wearing a bikini!! And less than a year later!! Kudos to you!!
Glad you guys had a wonderful trip!!