Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Short stories by me... (I don't have the time to write much but I'll try to get the point across)

Last week I woke up and decided today was the day to get out of the house. I couldn't stand being cooped up any longer. No matter how hard it was we were going somewhere....somehow...

This was no easy task.

I had to feed the babies, get them dressed, and get myself dressed.
























Pack the car.


Put the babies in the car...and take a funny pic.















Back out of the garage and run over a box (which was not supposed to be there).


















Leave the house, drive a mile, realize I didn't know where my cell phone was, search the car, drive back home, find it in Ben's car seat.


















Almost give up...but persevere.










Leave the house again and drive to the mall. Look at the clock and realize the whole process has taken well over two hours so far.


Unload, snap in, and go. Two babies in the double stroller and one strapped to me.
















Thoroughly enjoy freedom!!!!

All in all it was a positive experience. I did learn a few things.
  • Pack and get ready the night before.
  • Use the bathroom BEFORE you leave the house.
  • DO NOT drink a large coffee and large glass of water before you leave.
  • Wear cool clothes because a 16 lb baby strapped to your body has a tendency to overheat you.
  • Do not wear a color that will show the sweat stains.
  • Park on the right floor of the parking garage so you don't have to scavenger hunt for the elevator.
  • If you want to enjoy another floor of a department store you have to use the elevator. (So didn't consider that)
  • All of my wheelchair driving experience will come in handy for something...And I'm still a bad driver of all wheeled things.
  • Realize that no matter how hard you try to blend in you are still a spectacle.
  • As long as you walk quickly and with purpose people will not stop you to ogle. Except when you knock over a display in the middle of the isle. You are pretty much screwed then.
  • Wear your hair in a ponytail as the baby who is strapped to you will (sneakily) suck on your hair.

OTHER NEWS...

They are FIVE MONTHS OLD!!!!

And one last cute one of Bennie...Love it!

2 comments:

pyjammy pam said...

hee hee! i love that you illustrated your story. :)

happy five months!

Anonymous said...

Well, you all look cute!