Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nothing is more memorable...

I am in the process of doing a major overhaul on the blog. I am so excited. But, you have to wait...



Today's story is a tale of inspiration...and of ingenuity. Today I discovered I am truly a genius...and quite possibly the world's greatest efficiency expert.

This story begins with the words below. I've been searching high and low for a saying, poem, quote, or inspiration on which to build my writing. Something that makes the loyal reader, casual fan, or accidental visitor to our little blog want to come back. I want ya'll to be inspired by our story, feel like you are part of our family, soar with the highs, and wallow in my self-pity during the lows. I read this and it spoke to my heart...and it immediately brought visions of the inspiration that you will see at the end. I hope you enjoy.



Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains; another, a moonlit beach; a third, a family dinner of pot roast and sweet potatoes during a myrtle-mad August in a Midwestern town. Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years. Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once. A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth.-- Diane Ackerman



This is my inspiration... The diaper can. The whiff you get when you quickly open, shove more in, and slam the lid back is truly memorable. The poo detonates softly in my memory like a poignant (pungent?) land mine. So many explosions does it contain...





This is my solution. Take off the window screen, open it up, and toss the bags to the can below. (As you can see it's kind of hard to film and hit your target at the same time.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are hilarious!!! I can't imagine poopy diapers x's 3 :)