Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Hate It When Computers Are Smarter Than Me...

So, long story short, I've been trying for two days to figure out how to post this slideshow. The fact is, yes, I would have STILL been a day behind Father's day...BUT, as many of my excuses begin...Better late than never. I can get it to post in the blog, but it cuts half of each picture out, which kind of defeats the purpose. So, click on the link below to view it.

I would LOVE to say lots of nice things about my honey on his very first Father's Day (which was 3 days ago). But, the fact is he would probably kill me. I'm not kidding...he doesn't like to be embarassed.

I will tell you that for the past few weeks I've been secretly baiting him with lots of little meaningful questions...my intent being to post his answers to these questions. Yes, this might embarass him, but I really thought it would be a neat insight into how he's really feeling about being a new father...in his own words, not mine.

This is the gist of what I got...you can see that it would have made a pretty short post.
Me: What's your favorite thing about being a Dad?
Brian: Babies.

Me: So, what's the most surprising thing about being a new Dad?
Brian: How much I like babies.

(O.K., let's try a new angle here...)
Me: What's your favorite thing about the babies?
Brian: I think they're cute, and sweet...and they smell good... I REALLY like babies!

(WHAT? You're kidding me....I'm going to try again)
Me: Looking back, what advice would you give to a new Dad?
Brian: What's up with all these stupid questions?

I absolutely SWEAR this is how it went down.

So, here's to my very deep, introspectful, and emotion-wrought husband. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for rolling me out of bed, heaving me off of the couch, and spending every single night in the hospital with me. Thank you for still telling me I was beautiful when I very clearly was not. Thank you for all of the sweet care you give to ALL of your babies. Thanks for washing bottles and making formula. Thanks for endlessly putting together baby junk...and endlessly hauling diapers and boxes to the curb. Thanks for growing and learning and just experiencing all of this with me. We must be crazy to think this is so much fun.

Click on the picture below.

View this slideshow created at One True Media
Happy Daddy's Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Steffie!
Loved the slideshow.
Isn't Brian just he best??
Love to all ya'll.
Nonnie

Jeni said...

Very sweet, Stef! =)

pyjammy pam said...

ha ha, mine would have been the same way about the questions.

great slideshow!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I could actually hear Brian saying that. Love you!