Monday, December 10, 2007

Together at last...

Well, yesterday afternoon we made our last and final visit to the Harris NICU to pick up our last remaining child! That's right....Ben is home!!! So we cut those stinking bracelets off for good..


We got Ben home safe and sound. I drove, much to Brian's dismay... He seemed overly worried that I had somehow completely forgotten how to drive in the past few months. It's amazing how cautious you become with something so precious in the car...and how paranoid you are that everyone around you is either drunk, crazy, or Kamikaze's.

But, we made it home safe and sound and the first thing we did was warm Ben up with extra blankets and put him in the crib with his peeps. This was the first time they had all been together since before their birthday. How sweet is that? We just kept looking at them...and taking pictures of them...and kissing them! The feelings of wonderment abounded! My Mom, Brian's parents, and Nana all got to enjoy this fantastic day with us. We ate, we laughed, we decorated the Christmas tree, but most of all we celebrated our family being together at last. I think this was the best day of my life.
Ben got his first bath at home today...they are going much better these days.

Today we wrapped them all up in their blankets and put them on a Boppy Baby Lounger...That's right, they are so small they all fit on one! Brian and I took picture after picture! Ben is on the left, Jumbo Jack in the middle, and Lily on the right.

Life is so good!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!! Those babies are beautiful. The lack of sleep isn't so bad when you have sweet little babies to snuggle. I'm snuggling mine as I type this one handed.

Emily said...

What great news that you have all three babies happy and healthy at home with you. Enjoy this special time!!!

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

alright home at last was a wonderful feeling righgt... i am glad u have ur babies all home and all together
god bless
steph

Anonymous said...

They look so cute together all bundled up... it brings tears to my eyes! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

They look so cute together all bundled up... it brings tears to my eyes! Congratulations.

Crazy May Days said...

You have the most beautiful little babies ever!!!! Look how much they love to snuggle each other! I am so happy that they are all home!

Tripletblessed said...

Congratulations! I'm crying for you and your family, what a wonderful Christmas you guys will have.

Jeni said...

I can't imagine how awesome it must be to have them all home. I am SO incredibly happy for you. You deserve this! What an amazing Christmas present. You can't beat three healthy babies this holiday season. Kiss them for me! XO!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Everyone is home! They are so cute together all in their crib! Just in time for Christmas!

Congratulations on having all 5 of you home together.