Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Being the creative person that I am I decided I would take our Christmas card pics this year. This was a seriously bad idea. If there's one thing I'm learning about one year olds it's that they don't seem to follow directions very well...and they simply will not sit still.

Take 1:
My Mom helped me with this attempt. We were both sweating and out of breath from chasing babies and hats and eventually gave up.

No one will look at the camera...and there are no smiles...


Got Jack to look at the camera, off with Lily's hat, and Bennie decides the tinsel is out to get him.
Bennie goes MIA, running from the evil tinsel.


Lily soon follows.



Scene change, Lily's hat immediately comes off, but look at that grin! Jack is pulling the tinsel apart and eating it. Bennie really, really hates tinsel.


Attempted to squeeze them in their bumbos with red towels. Mind you, they haven't sat in them in like six months. No one smiles, their legs look strangely deformed, and no amount of cropping will fix the odd angle of their bodies.



Take 2.
I come up with an idea that is bound to work. They certainly can't escape a giant box wrapped in Christmas paper, right? I am Seriously thinking I am a genius at this point and even have Brian on board to help me.
Hats immediately come off...and surprise, no smiling. How can you not like Santa hats?
What is this look? Don't they know Christmas is supposed to be happy?
Things begin to get rowdy.
The box actually falls over and out run babies in every direction (no babies were harmed).
I am making stupid noises, shaking a lamp in the air, and STILL NO SMILES??? I think Jack is plugging his ear.
At this point we gave up and everyone will be receiving a card in the mail with a picture that is four months old. Deal with it.

7 comments:

pyjammy pam said...

hee hee!

Crazy May Days said...

This post makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

I almost fell over laughing, I think Cory and everyone in the house thinks I am crazy for laughing hysterically at the computer all alone, thanks for that! :)

Tripletblessed said...

I couldn't help but laugh, I think we have all tried this and most of us have had the same results!

Heather Anderson said...

That is a far cry from last year's Christmas card! How wonderful.

Allison said...

We had the same problem...Anna would not smile! Our picture we used is in front of the tree and they are looking to the side up at my husband instead of at the camera but it looks good. At least we got the boys to smile! :)

Carrie Baughman said...

Girl! You are super mom! I only have twins and I can't imagine having another one to wreak havoc. Your house looks just like ours. We had our entire floor covored in foam mats and gates everywhere. I'm still a fan of the gates and we're almost 2 1/2 :-)

You are amazing parents! :-)