Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oh the Monstrosity!

We bought a triplet stroller yesterday. Wow. The pic below explains the name of this post! I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know it is much needed. I know I will want to take the kiddos out by myself on occasion-especially come spring. But really, could it be any more of an eyesore? It's huge. Can you imagine the stares and gawks I will receive? I'm not typically someone who wants to draw attention to myself in public, I pretty much like to blend in with the crowd....I don't typically talk to strangers or make casual conversation with people I don't know. Guess those days are over if I go into public pushing three babies in this thing! Don't get me wrong. I am so proud to be the mother of three babies...and I LOVE to show them off, but from my experience of just telling people that I was pregnant with triplets, strangers ask some VERY invasive questions... I remember watching a story on TV about a family who had triplets. They showed their first outing with the babies in public and people literally flocked around them. Of course, that could have been the camera crew as well. I've been thinking of creative ways to deal with this. What do you think? No habla English? Sign language? Just stare ahead and pretend I don't hear them? Repeat every question they ask to me back to them to make them think I'm crazy? Hmmmm, actually this could be kind of fun!

Well enough about me...What about the babies???

  • They are getting FAT. Monday was a milestone as that was the original due date they gave me if I were to go to 40 weeks. Tuesday they were 7 weeks old. They are eating well, awake and interactive a lot more, and sleeping well (just not at night). Fusspants (Jack ) continues to be a challenge as he appears to be a tad high strung and likes to cry when he is awake. Ben and Lily are nice and laid back...they don't cry unless there is a problem. I'm just waiting until the day that they figure out how much attention that Jack gets from being fussy. That is the day I may run away from home! Below are some before and after pics...

Lily Bug..

Jumbo Jack..


Bennie Bear...



Haven't they changed? It's amazing. I remember in the NICU when they started feeding them through a tube in their nose 10 ml and now they are eating 4 oz, which is 120 ml! They eat every four hours and usually wake up before it's time because they are hungry. I'm pretty sure that Jack would eat us out of house and home if we would let him...He is HUGE. I'm guessing around 8 1/2 pounds. I remember how tiny they were when they were born. They seemed so fragile and breakable. Now they're beginning to hold their heads up, rolling from their sides to their backs, and staring at us like we are crazy most of the time! Lily and Jack are completely out of preemie clothes and Ben is out of most of them. I've been putting them up as they grow out of them... Here's a little perspective on just how small they were...


How about some cute pics of the week?

Lily and her feaux (not sure this is how you spell it?) hawk!

Dad and Ben trying to make up for all the lost sleep...

Jack with a state-of-the-art "hands free" bottle holding system...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Stef~

The babies look great!!! Obviously you and Brian are doing a great job taking care of 3 babies!

And just a little warning, my friend was out with her twins the other day & a total stranger walked up and put her finger in the boys' mouths to see if they had teeth yet. My friend was completely shocked that someone would do that & that it had happened so fast without her being able to stop it - can you imagine?

I love all of your pictures!!!

Crazy May Days said...

I cannot get over how big and beautiful they are!!! I love that they each have their own wonderful little personalities!!! Kelly needs to stay home with Molly one day so I can come over for a love fest! I even do poopy diapers! I need to practice on boys just in case I have one...I am not so good at those... I am so happy to hear that things are going well! You are such a super hero mom...handling three like it was nothing!

Keep the pictures coming!
Julie

Tripletblessed said...

Yep the stroller is ugly I agree, and yep it attracts as much attention as the kids. Sorry no way to sugar coat it however I PROMISE you will be SOOOOOOOO grateful to have it. It was the best investment we made, well minus the kids of course. It is a breeze to get around and in and out of the van and the kids are usually happy to be in it. The resale value is a dream also!